The Writing Center
Come to the Writing Center in Forsyth Library and let our trained consultants help you polish your writing—from choosing topics to structuring essays to perfecting documentation style.
- Monday –Thursday - 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Monday –Wednesday Evenings - 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Fridays – 9:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Forsyth Library Main Floor
Phone: (785) 628-4106
Students from all majors visit us. Some come by way of a professor’s referral, and others want to be sure they’re doing an assignment right. Most sessions last 30 to 45 minutes.
You’re limited to one appointment per day, and you’ll need to make that appointment online. Visit us several days before your work is due, so you’ll have enough time to revise it.
If You’re a Strong Writer
If you write well, have English 101 and 102 under your belt, and are interested in working at the Writing Center, please contact our director Dr. Yuri Yerastov.
If You’re an Online Learner
If you’re taking only Virtual College courses, you can get free online writing support and other tutoring through Smarthinking.
- Eligibility for services is determined based on a review of current semester/term information.
- If you’re an on-campus student, you won’t be able to use Smarthinking for free. Instead, you have access to services offered by Academic Success Programs and the Writing Center.
For more information about Smarthinking, contact:
Virtual College Online Student Communication Strategist
Phone: 800-628-3479 (ext. 4291) or 785-628-4291
If You're Faculty
Are you encouraging your students to visit the Center? If you have an assignment that you’d like students to work on with us, please send us a copy before they make an appointment.