History of Fort Hays State University

Farm Timeline

The following outlines the history of the University Farm:

1938 - The University Farm was located at the current site of Wiest Hall
1940 - Obtained a portable milking machine
1953 - Moved to current location (west of campus)
1953 - Processing Equipment installed
1953 - Began producing dairy products such as whole milk, non-fat milk, 2% milk, half and half, creamer, pasteurized milk, homogenized milk, orange juice
1976 - Ended producing dairy products
1977 - Rated in the top ten for production and health programs in dairy

Back to top