Provost's Internationalization of the Campus or Curriculum Award
Eligibility: Any full-time faculty or unclassified or classified staff member. Individuals holding full-time administrative appointments are not eligible.
Frequency: Once per year. Announced at Fall Faculty Convocation.
Award Amount: $500 Award winner will be nominated for the NAFSA Region II Bruce Tracy Award and will receive a certificate of recognition.
Procedure: Nomination or Application form (self-nominations will be accepted)
Deadline: April 15
How selected: Screening committee comprised of Assistant Provost for Internationalization, 3 most recent former award winners, and 1 student screens a list of finalists to the full Internationalization Team for consideration. Initial screening committee to be appointed by the Assistant Provost for Internationalization. Assistant Provost for Internationalization recommends finalist to the Provost
The award winner should exemplify characteristics of excellence in advancing internationalization of the campus or curriculum at Fort Hays State University. Examples of internationalization activities considered favorably include, but shall not be limited to:
· Education abroad leadership
· New international curriculum development
· Significant international travel for disciplinary instruction, research, or service
· Academic partnership development
· Leading curricular or co-curricular international activities
· Recruiting international students
· International grant writing efforts (Fulbright, etc.)
· Advising or assisting international students