Fort Hays State University > About FHSU > Academic Divisions > Research > Rcaweek08
THE RESEARCH AND ENVIRONMENT COMMITTEE MEMBERS
thank all who participated!
Please find below the winners of the 2008 Research and Creative Activities
Week research poster display (first place listed first, etc.).
On behalf of the Research Environment Committee and the FHSU community
I would like to thank all of our more than 70 participants as well as
the many faculty and administrators who served as judges for the college
competitions. Thanks also to Provost Gould and the Deans for sponsoring
awards, refreshments, etc. Finally, a special thanks to Prof. Rob Channell
who coordinated the entire show!
College of Health and Life SciencesGraduate
66. Schmitz, R.T. and E.J. Finck. Factors Influencing Capture Success
of Neotropical Warblers at the Fort Hays State University Bird Banding
Site. Department of Biological Sciences. Graduate Student.
8. Black, J.K. and E.J. Finck. Estimating Waterfowl Hunter Compliance
with the Daily Hunt Permit System of Cheyenne Bottoms Wildlife Area.
Department of Biological Sciences. Graduate Student.
70. Tacha, D.H., R.B. Channell, and R.H. Nicholson. Impacts of Black-tailed
Prairie Dog (Cynomys ludoricianus) on Short Grass Vegetation of Western
Kansas. Department of Biological Sciences. Graduate Student.Undergraduate
75. Welsch, T. Isolation of Triclosan Resistant Bacteria from Kansas
Feedlots. Department of Biological Sciences. Undergraduate Student.
24. Garrison, K., D. Balthazor, and T. Cunningham. How's Your Pain with
that Lidocaine? Department of Nursing. Undergraduate Student.
14. Casey, J. Micromorphology of Spartina pectinata Using Scanning Electron
Microscopy. Department of Biological Sciences. Undergraduate Student.
College of Liberal Arts and SciencesGraduate
41. Lane, S.T. and J. Heinrichs. FHSU's Research Weather Station. Department
of Geosciences. Graduate Student.
77. Kraisinger, T. Langston Hughes, Harlem, and the Blues. Department
of English. Graduate Student.
20. Ferch, G. Zora Neale Hurston's Contribution to the Preservation
of African American Folklore. Department of English. Graduate Student.Undergraduate
59. Rankin, A. and K. Aflatooni. Electron Vertical Attachment Energies
to Gas Phase Amino Acid, Valine. Department of Physics. Undergraduate
42. Leiker, A. and L. Weber. The Implementation of Numerical Green's
Functions. Department of Physics. Undergraduate Student.
72. Upshaw, A.K. Finite Difference Time Domain Simulation of 2.4GHz
Radio Waves in Human Tissue. Department of Physics. Undergraduate Student.
Eugene Rice, Ph.D.
Chair, Department of Philosophy