Fort Hays State University
Office of Admissions
Picken Hall 211
600 Park Street
Hays, KS 67601
Phone: 785-628-5666
Meet the Admissions Staff

Admissions on Facebook

Transfer of Credit

One of the major deciding factors of transferring to a university is how your credits will transfer. We understand the importance and we want you to know that our transfer of credit process is designed to maximize your success.

*So…. “how do you find out how your credits will transfer to FHSU?”

1. Apply for admission.

2. Send official transcripts from all colleges/universities you have attended to the Office of the Registrar.

3. Once admitted, you can request a degree check to be completed by one of our friendly degree analysts in the registrar’s office.

4. Degree analysts will send official check sheets to you via email or your current mailing address.

5. If you have questions regarding the transfer of a particular class, after evaluated, refer to the transfer of credit appeal process.


Transferring to FHSU after attending a technical/community college or university? 
     See how your technical/community college hours transfer.
     See how your university hours transfer.
     Planning to have an associates degree or 45 transferable hours?
         If so, view the Transfer and Articulation Agreement Policy.            

Transferring to FHSU from outside the State of Kansas?  Please follow the steps above.

Transferring to FHSU from outside the United States of America?  Contact international student services.

Back to top