Find an Innovative Program, Designed for the Working Professional
Designed with your needs for flexibility, convenience, and educational quality in mind, the Department of Advanced Education Programs (AEP) prepare you with innovative solutions to meet the challenges in your chosen field of study. Although you can participate in class from anywhere around the world, you will quickly become a part of a community of learners. Interaction with your classmates and your instructors enriches your learning experience even though you cannot participate in a traditional classroom environment. Courses will include a unique combination of communication methods including Blackboard, Skype, videoconferencing, Google Apps for Education, Blogs, Wikis, Youtube and other innovative technologies.
AEP offers a broad range of programs completely online (Community Counseling 50% and School Counseling 80% Online). Click on the program links below for additional information including admission requirements, course rotation, licensure and more.
After you have been accepted into a program, go create your log-in account with Tiger Tracks. This process will generate a FHSU student gmail account; email your advisor with your new FHSU student gmail. In the subject line, indicate that you are a new advisee in (EDL, SPED, READ, MLS, COUN, MIT, HESA, etc) program. Whether your instructor uses Blackboard or Google for their learning management system, your FHSU student gmail is the only email officially recognized by the university.
Advanced Education Programs Department Background Check Process and Procedure
1. Beginning September 1, 2014, all degree-seeking and non-degree-seeking applicants for programs within Advanced Education Programs (AEP) Department will be required to successfully complete a Background Check prior to admittance to AEP.
2. Candidates are responsible for obtaining the background check and for the cost.
3. Applicants who have completed a successful background check within four years of the date of receipt of the application in the Graduate School may submit a record of the successful check to Breanna Kroeger, email@example.com, in lieu of obtaining a new background check.
4. Applicants who do not have a successful background check within four years of the date of the application will be required to have a check completed. Please see the directions below.
5. All Background Check information is to be submitted to Breanna Kroeger, Administrative Assistant in the Graduate School, firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Background check information will be verified prior to the application being forwarded to graduate faculty for screening for admission.
7. Validity Screening Solutions will be recommended to all applicants needing a background check. Information on securing a background check is available from Breanna Kroeger in the Graduate School, 785-628-4236 and from Sherry Spangler, Senior Administrative Assistant in the Advanced Education Programs Department, 785-628-4282.
ADVANCED EDUCATION PROGRAMS DEPARTMENT CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK INSTRUCTIONS
Beginning September 1, 2014, all degree-seeking and non-degree-seeking applicants for programs within Advanced Education Programs (AEP) Department will be required to successfully complete a Background Check prior to admittance to AEP.
Here is what you need to do:
1. Go to the secure link: https://www.validityacademics.com
2. Enter the Username and Password below:
3. Create a personal profile by completing the required fields
1. If your email has been used in a previously created profile you will need to log in via the “Returning Student Log-In” section, select the “New Screening Profile” link on the next page.
2. If you have forgotten your password you can click on the “password (forget?)” link and answer the security question you chose when you first creating your personal profile.
4. Complete each section of the screening profile
1. Review the screening profile to ensure all sections are complete and click Next
2. Read the “Notice and Disclosure” and check the confirmation box
3. Read the “Summary of Rights under the Fair Credit Reporting Act” and check the confirmation box.
4. Fill out all form fields in the Certification and Release and enter your signature in the electronic signature box.
5. Choose a payment option:
i. Credit Card (Visa or MasterCard) $35.50 plus $2.00 administrative fee
ii. Money Order or Cashier’s Check $35.50
6. Select Submit
* Your results will not be released to your institution until you successfully submit your request to Validity. This can be verified if you have received the confirmation email titled ‘Academic Screening Profile Received. Results will be forwarded to Fort Hays State University. Instructions on how to access your completed report via your profile page will also be sent via email once your profile has been submitted. If you have any questions please feel free to contact Breanna Kroeger at (785)-628-4236 or email@example.com. You may also contact Validity Screening Solutions with technical questions at 913.322.5995, toll-free at 866.920.5995 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.