Online Graduate Program in Gifted Education
of Science in Special Education - Gifted offers teacher preparation programs that provide
equitable and appropriate education for exceptional children and youth. Designed for flexibility, convenience and educational quality, the online
M.S. in Special Education with an emphasis in Gifted Education concentrates on the practical needs and
challenges faced by today's facilitators of gifted students. Here are few things you need to know about this degree program:
- The M.S. in Special Education - Gifted is a 36 credit-hour program.
- You will participate in an online learning environment, which means
you can complete this program from wherever you live and work - there are no
- Students typically complete their degree in 18-24 months.
- While there are admission requirements, you do not have to complete an entrance exam.
- Technology is infused throughout the curriculum.
- Coursework has been designed to promote reflection and critical thinking.
- You will discover authentic learning experiences with real-life application.
- The program focuses on action research, best practices, and a case study approach to learning.
- The degree is accredited by both KSDE and NCATE and is aligned with the state standards.
An endorsement in Gifted Education is also available.
Intensive coursework coupled with
diligent faculty mentorship gives you the tools you need to succeed in your graduate program and in your career. All classes for the Gifted Education program are
offered online. Although you will participate in class from wherever you are in
Kansas and beyond, you will be surprised at how quickly you develop an online
community of learners and how rich the learning experience can be from home.
Learn more about the Master of Science in Special Education - Gifted
If you are interested in learning more about the Gifted Education program, please contact Dr. Dorothy Fulton, Fort Hays State University, Rarick 229, 711 Park Street, Hays, KS 67601 at (785) 628-5848 or firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are ready to apply to the program, visit the FHSU Graduate School Website to get started.