Please apply to the FHSU Graduate School to begin your admission into the Master’s Degree in Education with a Reading Specialist emphasis, as this graduate level program falls under the supervision of the Graduate School. The Graduate School processes all applications, which are available in print, as well as online. When applying for this degree program in the Graduate School, look for this title on the application, MSE in Education (Reading Specialist). When applying for tis program for endorsement only, look for this title on the application, Non-degree Reading Specialist.
To apply for the Master’s Degree in Education with a Reading Specialist emphasis, you need to have a cumulative GPA of 3.30 on the last 60 hours of undergraduate credit and supply the following to the Graduate School:
- Completed application (A completed application to the Graduate School for programs in the Advanced Education Programs Department includes evidence of a successful Background Check.)
- A personal statement addressing your reason for beginning a Reading Specialist program
- Two outside personal recommendations
- Inclusion of all transcripts where you have completed coursework including documentation of baccalaureate degree from an accredited university
- Send a copy your teaching license