Updating Images & Documents
There are many times that an image or document needs to be updated with a more current version. Instead of removing the old and replacing it, there are a few options that make updating files much easier.
When changing an image, use the overwrite feature. The advantages of using overwrite are that you will not need to change the links anywhere on the site, as the name of the file, and ID will stay the same. However, the image library does not keep a history of previous versions like the DMS system does. So, if you overwrite an image, there is no way to get back the previous version.
Update an image:
- Navigate to the Library tab
- Navigate to the content folder where your image is saved
- Locate the image and click on it
- Click on the Overwrite icon on the top
- Click on Browse and find your new image file and click Open
- Click Update
Your image will now be changed everywhere that it was used throughout the website.
Documents are easy to update, but there are a few very important details that must be noted.
- When updating a document to a newer version, the filename needs to remain the exact same.
- A history of previous versions of your documents are kept, and can easily be restored
Update a Document:
- Navigate to the Content tab
- Navigate to the content folder where your document is saved
- Locate the document and click on it
- Click Edit in the top menu
- Click on Browse and find your new document file (must be named the exact same as the previous file) and click Open
- Click Publish
Your document will now be changed everywhere that it was used throughout the website.