Leader's Guide to Managing Performance
Date: Not currently scheduled
This workshop provides supervisors and managers with the knowledge and skills needed to optimize workforce performance. By learning strategies to manage performance through activities and practical application, leaders will walk away with the confidence and tools needed to increase performance and productivity and eliminate one of the reasons for turnover in their organizations.
Topics for this workshop include:
- Understanding what performance is..and what it is not
- Understanding why employees and managers dislike performance appraisals and how you can change the mindset in your department or organization
- Identifying the 3 levels of performance and how to implement the performance management formula in your workplace
- Identifying employees' hot buttons and how to use that to increase performance
- Setting objectives that are meaningful to employees to increase performance and employee engagement in your company
Tom Zerfas, SPHR, HR Director at Sunflower Electric Power Corporation, co-founder of the HR program at FHSU, and adjunct professor for the FHSU HR program.