Student Advisory Council
The COBESAC serves as a liaison between the students, the administration, and the faculty of the College of Business and Entrepreneurship by coordinating student activities within the COBE. It is the voice of the student body and has the responsibility of creating and implementing programs of value to all business and leadership students.
The objectives of the Student Advisory Council are twofold:
- To serve in an advisory capacity as student representatives to the Dean of the College of Business and Leadership
- To take a leadership role in activities that recognize business and leadership student achievements and promotes the College of Business and Leadership
While the Student Advisory Council is not an honorary organization, it is an honor to be a part of a group that has a legitimate voice and active participation with the College of Business & Entrepreneurship. Members are selected through a formal application and interview process. It is the goal of SAC to have a diverse representation through COBE.
During the reorganization process, the SAC determined that their efforts will focus on the following areas:
- Fall semester: Recruiting efforts that will include Tiger Friends & Family Day, high school visits, and other recruiting events as needed; COBE Student Involvement Fair
- Spring semester: College of Business & Entrepreneurship week to include special recognition of COBE faculty, staff, and students.
- Ongoing efforts: Presence at Dean’s Executive Advisory Council meetings, COBE Faculty meetings, and other events as necessary.