– differences among
groups of people and individuals based on culture, ethnicity, race,
socioeconomic status, gender, exceptionalities, language, migrant status,
religion, sexual orientation, and geographical area.
Diversity Proficiencies are addressed in coursework and clinical experiences.
- Recognizes and explains the nature of diversity in the
community to inform instruction,
- Understands and can articulate characteristics and
attributes of student populations which contribute to commonality and
Recognizes and applies appropriate educational options for
- Understands and applies results of assessment data for
educational placement and accommodations,
- Utilizes appropriate technology to gather and disseminate
- Reflects on diversity experiences from a
variety of perspectives (emotional, informational, and developmental) for diagnostic
purposes and self-growth.