Commencement Viewing Options
- The Graduate Commencement Ceremony will be in Beach/Schmidt Performing Arts Centers, Friday, May 13, at 7 p.m.
Undergraduate Viewing Options (Saturday, May 14, 10 a.m.)
- Gross Memorial Coliseum - Commencement is viewed live in Gross Memorial Coliseum. Seating is available on the bleachers and in the balcony area. All seats in the coliseum are normally filled by about 9. a.m. Please arrive early.
- Beach/Schmidt Performing Arts Center in Sheridan Hall- Commencement is viewed on a large screen in air-conditioned Sheridan Hall.
- TV broadcast - Commencement will be broadcast live to campus residence halls and over two area cable TV systems. Eagle Broadcasting will carry the live telecast on KFHS- TV, Channel 67, in Hays, Russell, Ellis and WaKeeney. In addition, Rural Telephone will carry the live broadcast of Commencement to nearly 40 communities in Northwest Kansas. Residents in communities served by Rural Telephone should check their local listings for the channel in their community.
- Internet - Commencement will be broadcast live on the Internet. Those who wish to view Commencement on a computer should download Windows Media Player prior to May 15. For the Internet option, use Windows or Mac OS X v. 10.3.9. The address for the Internet broadcast is http://www.fhsu.edu/commencement/.
Faculty will be seated with the candidates at the end of each row on the arena floor of Gross Memorial Coliseum. Persons other than degree candidates attending Commencement are asked to enter the Coliseum through Gates 1, 2, 3 or 4 - not through Cunningham Hall. Relatives and friends choosing to view Commencement in the Coliseum will be seated on the bleachers and in the balcony. Reserving large sections of seats in the bleacher and balcony ares is not allowed.
Seating arrangements for the disabled have been made in the bleacher areas on either side in front of the stage. There are no reservations for this area. One person, if necessary, will be allowed to accompany an individual in this seating area. There is not sufficient space in this area for entire families. The most convenient entrances are Gate 2 and 3. An interpreter for people who are deaf or hard of hearing will be near Section C in the bleacher area. Limited seating within close proximity will be available.