Do you have an interest in the way we communicate with each other?
How often do you wonder where the advertising we see comes from and why?
Do you enjoy being in front of a crowd?
Can you see yourself working with a corporate firm but relating to the public on a deeper level?
If so, a career in the exciting and highly varied field of Communication Studies could be the perfect fit for your college experience.
The Department of Communication Studies offers a variety of degree programs that focus on human communication behaviors in the areas of:
- Advertising and Public Relations
- Organizational Communication
- General Communication
Unlike many other communication studies programs, at Fort Hays State University you complete a set of foundational courses to expose you to multiple aspects of the communication field and to help you think about a variety of career options. Then, you focus your studies in one of three in-depth academic areas that prepare you for your selected career path.
If you are interested in graduate studies, Fort Hays State University also offers a Master of Science in Communication.
Why choose FHSU’s Department of Communication Studies?
- Take classroom learning and put it into action through service-learning projects, labs and internship experiences.
- Benefit from excellent faculty who bring a wealth of real-world experience to your classes.
- Engage cutting edge technology in the Institute for New Media Studies.
- Enjoy small classes where faculty know who you are.
- Work closely with an advisor in your major who is dedicated to your personal and professional success.
We invite you to explore the Web site for more information or contact us if you have questions or would like to set up a campus visit!