Lotus Notes Traveler Setup for Android
- To access Lotus Notes using a laptop, see our Accessing Lotus Notes from Off Campus using iNotes page.
- If your service provider is Nex-Tech, you must turn on your Wi-Fi (wireless) service before using these instructions.
- If you have Nitrodesk Touchdown software, we recommend uninstalling it. Go to Settings--> Applications--> Manage Applications--> and select the Touchdown Software. At the prompt, uninstall the application.
- Allow your phone to install non-Market applications. Go to Settings --> Applications --> and check the Unknown Sources setting. You will receive a warning about doing this, tap OK.
- NOTE:. If you have a DROID RAZR MAXX 4.0.4, use these steps instead: Settings--> Securiy--> and check the Unknown Sources setting.
- NOTE: You may wish to go back and turn this off after installing Traveler.
- Bring up your Internet browser to download the software.
- Tap the Select an IBM Lotus Mobile Installer link. Then tap the Android link. This will download the application.
- Once downloaded, tap the installer package (LotusInstaller.apk) that you just downloaded.
- You will be prompted to Install the application; go ahead and do this.
- Open the Installer application and Agree to the License.
- Tap Next to download and install the full application.
- Enter the Server: tiger.fhsu.edu
- User ID: your Lotus Notes ID
- Password: your Lotus Notes (iNotes) web access password
- Tap Next
- After downloading, you will again be prompted to Install; go ahead and do this.
- After application is installed, tap Open
- You will have some options as to what you want to sync, and where you want to store the data. For most individuals, the default is fine. Just tap Finish.
- You should receive a status message stating that the Configuration was successful. Tap OK.
- Your phone should start syncing immediately. It may take 10 minutes or more the first time it syncs. Don’t panic if it seems to be taking quite awhile. After the first sync, updates occur on their own and should be nearly immediate.
NOTE: Lotus Traveler will create two new application icons for you, Mail and Calendar. They are yellow-orange in color and are used instead of the standard Mail and Calendar icons on the Android. Interestingly though, the default Contacts icon is used for your Lotus Notes contacts.