VPN Configuration Instructions for iPhone and iPad (iOS)
Note: You must have FHSU Domain credentials (network username and password) to download and use VPN software.
- Choose Settings > General > VPN.
- Tap Add New VPN Configuration.
- Tap PPTP, then fill in the required fields:
- Description: FHSU VPN
- Server: vpn.fhsu.edu
- Account: <your username>
- Password: <your password>
- Encryption Level: Maximum
- Tap Save.
To connect to / disconnect from FHSU's VPN (Virtual Private Network):
- Whenever you wish to access your shared folders on an FHSU server from an off-campus location, you must connect to FHSU’s VPN (Virtual
Private Network) first.
- Once you've created a VPN configuration, the option to turn VPN on or off appears in the main Settings screen. When you are connected, the VPN icon appears in the status bar.
Note: Your VPN connection will automatically time out after 10 minutes of inactivity. Additionally, you cannot save your password for automatic connection. These are security measures and cannot be changed.
If you have problems…
Review these procedures and check to make sure you have followed all steps as Instructed. If you need further assistance, contact the CTC HelpDesk.
View PDF of iPhone setup with screenshots. View using Adobe Reader (Free)
View Other Mobile Phone Instructions