Student HelpDesk Consultant Position
We're sorry... no positions are available at the CTC HelpDesk at this time.
For information about other student employment opportunities at FHSU, log in to TigerTracks and click on JobX Access for Students under the Online Services tab.
Some evening/weekend hours will be required.
Fall or Spring: Students enrolled in 6 or more hours may work up to 20 hours per week.
Summer: Students enrolled in 3 or more hours may work up to 20 hours. Students who are not enrolled for the summer may work up to 40 hours if they were enrolled during the spring or are pre-enrolled for fall.
Purpose: To assist customers of the CTC HelpDesk and to perform duties necessary for the day-to-day operations within the CTC HelpDesk, as assigned by the HelpDesk Supervisor.
- Provide telephone, e-mail, and walk-in Tier One technical assistance to students, faculty, and staff with use of e-mail, Internet access, other FHSU computing resources, and various software and operating systems
- Assist with basic use of tablets and other mobile computing devices
- Perform administrative duties, such as Web site maintenance and preparation of user documentation and procedures
- Must be able to learn and apply technical knowledge quickly and accurately
- Must have excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) and be able to translate technical information to others who have little or no computer knowledge
- Must be able to work in a structured team environment and follow procedures consistently
- Must be able to handle telephone calls efficiently and provide courteous customer service
- Must be able to document customer contacts accurately, completely, and concisely and follow up on open requests for assistance
Back to Top
CTC HelpDesk Mission Statement
As a dedicated team of professionals, the CTC HelpDesk strives to provide Tier One technical assistance “above and beyond” the expectations of the FHSU community.
- To provide assistance with the access and use of FHSU computing resources and offer referral information for topics outside our scope of service
- To provide a helpful, courteous, and knowledgeable first point of contact, through e-mail, by telephone, and in person
- To listen carefully, ask questions, and communicate clearly to gain a thorough understanding of each question or problem, determine the most effective course of action, and follow through to deliver a satisfactory resolution
- To provide pro-active, accurate, straight-forward, and relevant resources to empower our users to find technical information and answers quickly and conveniently
- To cultivate a team environment that supports and encourages us to exceed our goals
- To maintain the quality and integrity of our internal documentation and processes and continually look for new ways to improve our services
Back to Top
How to Apply
- To be eligible for consideration, all application requirements must be completed.
- Stop by the CTC HelpDesk (Tomanek Hall 113) to pick up an application.
- A current transcript is required along with your completed application.
- Return completed application and transcript to the CTC HelpDesk.
- In addition to submitting a paper application, applicants must also complete an online JobX application for the Student HelpDesk Consultant position (accessed through Online Services in TigerTracks).
- Earliest applications received will be given highest priority.
Back to Top