Help – FAQ – Technology Information
Student Support: 1-800-628-FHSU
Faculty Support: 1-785-628-4194 or email@example.com
Basic Computer Requirements:
The following are the minimum technical requirements to take CD-ROM and Internet-based courses from the Virtual College.
- 2.4 GHz Dual Core processor or greater for simultaneous record/playback features
- 2 GM of RAM
- 128 MB Video Card
- High-speed Internet connection (audio/video)
- Full Duplex sound card and speakers
- Internet access and e-mail account
- Windows Operating System XP/2000/Vista/7
- Apple Macintosh (OS X 10.5 or Later)
- Windows Media Player 9.0 or later
- QuickTime 7.5 or later
- DVD and CD player
Recommended Web Browser for Blackboard
Please note that if you are using a browser that is supported with Blackboard, but are still having problems within Blackboard, you'll want to check that your browser is set up in a way that allows Blackboard to work properly. Take the steps in the configuration instructions to ensure that your browser is set up correctly.
- Mozilla Firefox 3.6, 4.0 or later
- Mozilla Firefox Browser Setup (Windows)
- Mozilla Firefox Browser Setup (Mac)
- Google Chrome
- Google Chrome Setup
- Safari 5.0
- Safari Browser Setup
Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome (The latest versions) are the recommended web browsers for the best experience and performance with Blackboard. For Mac users, Safari 5, Google Chrome, and Firefox are equally recommended.
Avoid older versions of any browser.
Blackboard also requires the latest version of the Java Runtime Environment (JRE). The JRE can be downloaded from java.com/en/download/index.jsp
To determine your current browser version:
Open your browser (for example: Mozilla Firefox)
From the browser menu bar, select Help
A screen will appear that shows your browser name and version.