Process, Expectations, and Obligations
Policies and Procedures
Download the Full Course Development Document
Currently in Development
The first step in the process is to discuss the proposed
course with your Department Chair to ensure that putting the course online is
aligned with departmental priorities.
Next, review the Online Course Development Process, Expectations, and Obligations document for an overview of how
we’ll work with you to develop (or re-develop) the best course for your
Once you’re ready to submit a course development proposal,
follow these instructions to find the necessary forms:
1. Go to the CTELT Course Development application in the
Lotus Notes workspace. Not sure where this is?
Follow these instructions:
Lotus Notes, pull down the File menu
and choose Application, then click Open
- In the
Look In: field, pull down the menu and select LNapps/FHSU
down and double-click on the apps
down and double-click on CTELT Course
2. To begin a new proposal click the Agreement and Understanding button at the upper left of the page.
3.Fill in the Course
Developer name, Course Number and Title, Proposed Semester for the Initial
Offering, and Pathway.
4. Read the form and choose “Yes” or “No” in the digital
syllabus section.(Choosing “No” does
not disqualify you from this process.)
5. Next, click Edit Approver List at the top to select the
appropriate administrators for approvals.
6. Double-click Entered when submitted, click the down-arrow
by the Approver name field to select your Department Chair, then click OK.
Verify the correct name shows in the field and click OK once more.
7. Follow this procedure once again to enter your Dean’s
name as the second approver.
8. Finally, click Submit for Approval. A message will appear
saying that “Notification has been sent to [Department Chair’s name].”
Agreement and Understanding form has been approved by all parties, you will be
contacted by e-mail to move to the next step.