Studying finance opens the door to an exciting, challenging, and rewarding career. Depending upon your career goals, choose the traditional finance major or add a concentration in banking, economics, or financial planning. Take classes in a wide variety of areas such as corporate financial management, investments, financial institutions and markets, international finance, real estate finance, financial planning, risk management, and estate planning. Finance classes are taught by highly qualified, Ph.D.-level faculty dedicated to your success. From the beginning, develop relationships with professors in the classroom, through research projects and through personalized advising. You will work with your advisor to tailor your degree program to match your plan of study with your career objectives.
Finance is a popular field of study because every business decision involves finance. After successful completion of the program, students should be able to:
- Identify the functions of financial managers in corporate governance and financial services firms
- Prepare and use financial forecasts, analyze and prepare financial statements, perform capital budgeting, and use discounting, present value, and future value techniques
- Present financial problems and solutions clearly using written, spoken and electronic media
- Apply economic analysis to financial decisions that face business firms
- Understand the international aspects of financial management.
A finance degree prepares you for a wide variety of careers in both the public and private sectors of the economy in fields such as banking, corporate finance, investments, and insurance and risk management. Many careers in finance are flexible and self-paced. The study of finance can also lead to professional certifications such as the Certified Financial Planner® (CFP®) designation, Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), or Certified Financial Manager (CFM).
For more information on becoming a major in Finance or to visit about
the program and/or concentrations, contact one of the following
Fort Hays State University has also partnered with Dalton Education to offer an Online Executive CFP® Certification Education Program. For more information and to enroll in the program, please visit http://fhsu.course-central.com/ .