Fort Hays State University > About FHSU > Division of Student Affairs > Exchange Opportunties > Camino De Santiago
From the middle ages on, the Camino de Santiago has drawn millions of pilgrims to make their way to Santiago de Compostela. This tradition still permeates from Roman fortresses, picturesque medieval basilicas, and from the hills, forests and brooks which the Camino traverses. Today, the Way of St. James, officially entered in the UNESCO World Cultural Heritage List, is taken by people of all ages and from across the world. This Spring Break program is designed to acquaint students with the Camino de Santiago - a route of major historical and cultural significance in Spain - and to accompany them on a walking tour of a portion of the Camino.
Accommodations on the Camino will be in local hostels, which will make the trip both authentic and affordable. Participants may be eligible for university scholarships / stipends towards the trip. This program is a 3-credit-hour course, and the credits may count toward completing the major or minor in Spanish or as electives toward the completion of university degree requirements.
· Experience the scenic nature and the rich culture of Portugal and Spain
· Share your experience with other people on the trail from across the world
· Open to all majors, knowledge of Spanish/Portuguese a + but not required
· A student-budget trip, with scholarships available to all eligible participants
· Earn three hours of university credit, and
· Grant yourself an affordable, meaningful and unforgettable Spring Break!
to attend the INFORMATIONAL MEETING
the APPLICATION FORM AND INSTRUCTIONS
For more info please contact / visit:
Instructor of Spanish and German
Department of Modern LanguagesEMAIL: email@example.com
Copyright © 2009-2012 Fort Hays State University • 600 Park Street, Hays, Kansas 67601–4099 • 785–628–FHSU (3478) Contact Webmaster with any questions or comments concerning this Web site.