> Wiest Hall
Wiest Hall was constructed in two phases in 1961 and 1971. Initially providing living quarters for men, Wiest Hall currently provides co-ed living accommodations for approximately 472 students in the 141,883 gross square foot 7-story building. The 4-story wing was torn down in 2012.
The building is named in honor of Dr. Charles F. Wiest, Emeritus Professor of Philosophy and Religion. He was first hired as an English teacher and appointed Professor of Philosophy and Religion in 1927. He retired in 1943. Dr. Wiest was one of two people associated with the college who drowned in the flash flood that inundated the southern part of the city of Hays and the campus on May 22, 1951.
Copyright © 2009-2013 Fort Hays State University • 600 Park Street, Hays, Kansas 67601–4099 • 785–628–FHSU (3478) Contact Webmaster with any questions or comments concerning this Web site.