2014 Request for Summer Aid
Financial Assistance Office
Application Deadline: June 26, 2014
- This form is applicable for requesting financial aid for Summer 2014 only.
- The FHSU Financial Assistance Office will use information submitted on this form and information on your 2013-14 FAFSA to determine your eligibility for summer 2014 aid.
- The FHSU Financial Assistance Office will process your summer aid application as quickly as possible in the order in which it was received. However, because of the late date in which you are submitting your summer application, it is likely that your summer loan will not be available when summer disbursements begin on May 28, 2014.
- Aid will NOT release between June 19, 2014 - June 30, 2014 due to state fiscal regulations.
- Complete this form by providing all requested information.
- Click "Submit Form" at the bottom of the page. (Your information will not be sent to the FHSU Financial Assistance Office until you click the "Submit Form" button.)
- You will be contacted at the email address provided on the FAFSA when your summer aid eligibility has been determined. Log in to TigerTracks to Accept or Decline your award offers. If you have not activated your Tiger Tracks account, please do so at https://secure.fhsu.edu/register.
Summer Aid Eligibility
- Summer 2014 eligibility for campus-based programs and loans is determined based on the 2013-2014 FAFSA, available funding, and your summer enrollment plans.
- Summer 2014 Pell Grant eligibility will be based on your 2013-2014 FAFSA.
- Federal regulations require that your 2014 summer Direct Loan amount, combined with your fall 2013 and spring 2014 loan amounts, not exceed your total annual Direct Loan eligibility. If you borrowed your maximum annual eligibility for the fall 2013 and spring 2014 semesters, you will not be eligible for a summer Direct Loan.
Parent PLUS Loans & Alternative Loans
- To request a Parent PLUS loan for Summer 2014, in addition to your completing this form, your parent must submit a Direct PLUS Loan Request and MPN at https://studentloans.gov.
- Alternative Loan borrowers must complete this form in addition to applying for an alternative loan. For more information about alternative loans, visit our Alternative Loans page.
First Name: Last Name:
Are you graduating in May 2014?
If you are graduating in May 2014, please include your academic plans for summer in the comment box below; for example, starting graduate school.
Number of hours enrolled for Summer 2014
If the number of hours changes, prior to disbursement, complete the Aid Change Sheet available at http://www.fhsu.edu/finaid/13-14-Aid-Change-Sheet/.
Aid cannot release unless you are enrolled in the number of hours for which your aid is calculated. Enrollment level changes for additional eligibility cannot be made after initial disbursement of any federal aid.
The following federal grants and/or loans will automatically be awarded to you if you are an eligible student: Federal Pell Grant, Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant, Direct Subsidized Loan and Direct Unsubsidized Loan.
- Do you wish to apply for Federal Workstudy for Summer 2014? (Federal workstudy requires working on-campus and summer enrollment in at least 3 credit hours.)
If yes, where will you be working?
- Are you seeking a degree in a qualifying teacher education program and want to receive the TEACH Grant for Summer 2014? (More information about qualifying programs is available here.)
- Do you wish to apply for a Perkins Loans for Summer 2014?
If you wish to apply for a Federal PLUS Loan or Alternative Loan for Summer 2014, please refer to the Parent PLUS Loans & Alternative Loans instructions found above.
If you wish to provide any comments or additional information, please include in the comment box below.
Submit your Application: I understand that I will receive an email notification once I have been awarded for the Summer 2014 semester. I further understand that I will be required to accept/decline the aid awarded to me by logging on to my TigerTracks account.
Because of the late date in which you are submitting your summer application, it is likely that your summer loan will not be available when summer disbursements begins on May 28, 2014.
If your financial aid awards have not been awarded and accepted by May 19, you will not be able to finalize your enrollment using the financial assistance option. Contact Student Fiscal Services at (785) 628-5251 about possible options for finalizing your enrollment.
Your information will not be sent to the Financial Assistance Office until you click on the "Submit Form" button.