Financial Assistance Banner

Financial Assistance Office

Terms and Conditions

All FHSU students must adhere to the following terms and conditions when accepting financial aid.

Statement of Educational Purpose - I declare that I will use any funds I receive under the Title IV Program (Federal Perkins Loan, Federal College Work-Study, Federal Supplemental Grant, Federal Direct Loan, Federal TEACH Grant, and Federal Pell Grant) for expenses connected with my attendance at Fort Hays State University.  I swear I do not owe a refund or repayment to any institution on any Title IV grants I have received, and I am not in default on any Title IV loans that have been made, insured, or guaranteed by the Secretary of Education.  I am aware that to continue receiving any federal student assistance, I must maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (see below) in my course study. 

Information and Eligibility Changes - I understand my financial aid package is estimated and subject to revision if changes occur in my:  1) cost of attendance; 2) grade level; 3) enrollment level; 4) levels of federal and/or state funding; 5) additional scholarships or resources; or, 6) adjustments made through verification, Financial Aid appeal, Professional Judgment Review, or program funding levels.  I also understand that enrollment level changes for additional eligibility cannot be made after initial disbursement of any federal aid. 

I agree to immediately report any name or address change on Tiger Tracks or report the change directly to the Registrar's Office.

I understand inaccurate information, intentional or otherwise, on any part of the financial aid application may result in cancellation of my aid and the repayment of all aid improperly received.  WARNING:  I further understand if I purposely give false or misleading information, I may be subject to a $10,000 fine, prison sentence, or both. 

Scholarships/Additional Aid - I agree to report any scholarships or other aid not listed on this award letter using the Additional Resource Sheet available online.  My receipt of such awards may result in an adjustment to financial aid.  I understand scholarships listed on this award letter may have only been awarded and not necessarily accepted. 

Satisfactory Academic Progress - I have read the Financial Assistance Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy and understand that my academic performance will be reviewed at the end of each term.  If I totally withdraw or fail to complete all courses in which I am enrolled during any term, I understand that I will be placed on financial aid suspension.  I must complete the appropriate percentage of hours for which I am enrolled, maintain a satisfactory cumulative grade point average, and complete my program of study according to the provisions outlined in the policy.  (The Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy is available in the Financial Assistance Office and posted on the Financial Assistance web site.)  

Return of Title IV Funds Policy - I understand if, 1) I totally withdraw from classes, or 2) I receive all U's (total-non completion) for final grades, I will be subject to the Return of Title IV Funds Policy and subject to immediate repayment of disbursed aid.  For more information, I should contact Student Fiscal Services, Picken Hall, Suite 317, or at (785) 628-5558, to review the University's Return of Title IV Funds  policy. 

Eligibility/Disbursement - I understand financial aid cannot be disbursed until I have met all of the following requirements:  1) Admitted to FHSU as a degree-seeking student; 2) Responded to all requests for information; 3) Enrolled in the number of hours for which my aid is calculated (this policy applies even if my classes do not start until later in the term); 4) If receiving a loan, completed loan entrance counseling;  5) Selected valid refund option for excess funds; 6) Resolved any enrollment holds;  and, 7) Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress

I understand aid is applied first to tuition and fees, residential life charges, and any other charges assessed as per the Student Fiscal Services Office rules for Disbursement of Financial AssistanceBecause books are not part of university charges, I am responsible for purchasing textbooks.  

If I apply for federal aid, I understand I must wait to receive all types of aid-including scholarships, state grants, etc.--until my federal aid is eligible for disbursement.  If I no longer want to be considered for aid before federal aid is disbursed, I must contact the Financial Assistance Office to inactivate my federal aid application at Fort Hays State University.

Right to Cancel - I understand that I have the Right to Cancel all or a portion of my Stafford, Perkins, or PLUS loans or TEACH Grant. I must notify the Student Fiscal Services office within 14 days AFTER my financial aid is disbursed if I want to cancel all or a portion of my loans.  I understand that if I want to exercise my Right to Cancel or have questions concerning this process, I can contact Student Fiscal Services, Picken Hall, Suite 317, or at (785) 628-5558. 

Summer Semester Procedures - I understand if I am interested in receiving summer financial aid, I must contact the Financial Assistance Office for eligibility requirements. FHSU fully awards for fall and spring, therefore, students may not have summer eligibility in all programs. 

Gramm-Leach Bliley Act - FHSU is in compliance with this policy for securing financial information.  The policy is located on the FHSU Student Fiscal Services website.  

Back to top