Financial Assistance Office
Student Employment Office
Picken Hall, Room 207A
On this page:
Types of Student Employment Programs
Finding a Student Job
Benefits of Working On-Campus
Employment for International Students
The FHSU Student Employment Office (SEO) coordinates three student employment programs. Students must be enrolled in a minimum of 6 credit hours during the fall/spring semesters. Requirements for summer enrollment vary by program.
Federal Workstudy Program
The Federal Workstudy Program is a form of federal financial aid that promotes part-time on-campus employment for undergraduate and graduate students. Federal Workstudy is based on financial need, as determined by the FAFSA. Please be aware that workstudy does not mean that you will be paid to study!
Departmental Job Program
The Departmental Job Program includes jobs that are not subsidized by Federal Workstudy funds and are open to students, regardless of financial aid status.
Kansas Career Workstudy Program
Kansas Career Workstudy is a state-funded program where off-campus employers provide career-related jobs for FHSU students who are Kansas residents.
Student jobs for the campus-based job programs listed above are posted on JobX. Through JobX, you can search for jobs using any number of different criteria, receive automated emails (JobMail) when new jobs become available, and apply for jobs online.
To access JobX, login to TigerTracks. Select the Online Services tab>Student Employment>JobX Access for Students.
- Select Find a Job.
- Apply and interview with departments where you are interested in working.
- Follow-up! Your success in finding a job will depend largely upon your initiative and desire to work.
- Questions? Contact the Student Employment Office.
- Learn valuable skills while earning money.
- Apply techniques learned in the classroom.
- Minimize borrowing.
- Enhance time management skills.
- Meet new people.
- Develop valuable references for future employment.
- Establish professional relationships with faculty/staff.
- Receive student payroll by Direct Deposit (for current employees only)
The International Student Services Office provides information on employment requirements for international students. Visit their site to learn more about the procedures for working during your stay in the United States.