Future International Students
Undergraduate Virtual College International Students
All Undergraduate Virtual College International Students must submit to apply for admission to the Virtual College:
1. Undergraduate student application for admission.
*It is NOT acceptable to fill out the application for anyone but yourself.
Fall Semester - June 1
Spring Semester - October 15
Summer Semester - April 1
2. A $50 application fee.
3. Photocopy of your ID page in your passport or photocopy of a government-issued ID card.
4. Official transcript (with English translation) of all post-secondary school work
including proof of High School graduation.
Grade point average
(GPA) requirement (4.0 scale): 2.5 for
*An official transcript is an academic
transcript or marks sheet mailed directly from the previous schools you have
attended directly to the Registrar's Office at Fort Hays State University.
Documents mailed or submitted in any way by the applicant are NOT considered
Transcripts from all schools attended are required to determine
admission only. Fort Hays State University does not
evaluate international credentials for transfer of credit. Once
you are admitted, you may choose to have your prior international course work
evaluated by a credential evaluation company. Fort Hays accepts
evaluations from any member of NACES. http://www.naces.org/members.htm If you elect to do this
process, choose the course-by-course evaluation and have the evaluating company
send a copy of its evaluation to Fort Hays State University. Staff
at FHSU will then use the evaluation to determine what will be accepted to
fulfill degree requirements. Remember, this is NOT an admission
requirement; it is only required if you wish consideration of prior
international coursework. Fort Hays staff cannot discuss the
transfer of international credit until you have been admitted
and you have had your coursework evaluated.
5. Language Requirements
You as an international student must meet minimum English
proficiency requirements before beginning virtual college coursework at Fort Hays State
University. Learn more about our
language requirements at FHSU.
*Institutional TOEFL Scores will not be
accepted to meet our language requirements.
6. Status Check - If you are an international student living in the United States, you will need to contact the International Student Services Office at Fort Hays State University to determine your eligibility to enroll as a student in the Virtual College. Depending on your immigration status, you may or may not be eligible to enroll in virtual classes while you are physically present in the United States and not living in Hays, KS.
7. Health Insurance Waiver - Fort Hays State University requires all international students studying to purchase or provide proof of health insurance. International students studying in the Virtual College are an exception to this rule. To have your Health Insurance fee waived, you will need to contact the International Student Services Office each semester you are enrolled in the Virtual College.
**All application materials must be mailed to the Registrar's Office
at Fort Hays State University. We will not accept imaged (emailed) or faxed
documents for admission. Language scores must by sent directly to FHSU by the
testing company. Again, Do NOT attempt to email your
admission documents, they WILL NOT be used to determine your admission to the Virtual College.
Mail application materials to:
Fort Hays State
600 Park Street
Hays, KS 67601