First Year Experience (FYE)
It’s your first year at Fort Hays State, and you want to succeed! The First Year Experience (FYE) program was designed to help you excel in the classroom and adjust to life as a Tiger whether you're a first year or transfer student. Challenges? Fears? Obstacles? FYE provides you with the resources and support to overcome these barriers to success.
The FYI on FYE
- Your first part of the FYE program is participating in a Tiger Pre-Enrollment experience. During Tiger Pre-Enrollment, you will select your courses and learn about FHSU resources for your success. Tiger Freshman Pre-Enrollment is designed for all incoming first-time freshman students. Tiger Transfer Pre-Enrollment is for those who are transferring to FHSU with full-time experience at another college or university.
- Your second part of the new student experience is Tiger Impact. Tiger Impact is our four-day fall orientation program that includes FHSU traditions, social events and academic departmental orientations.
- The First 40 Days at Fort Hays is the University’s welcome back schedule of events, jam-packed with fun social and educational programs that will help introduce you to other students and to the campus. Join us for the Back-to-School picnic, where you will learn how to get involved on campus, plus a ton of other exciting events.
- IDS101 Freshman Seminar is a one-credit hour course required for all first-time freshman students who have graduated high school within the past 12 months. This course is designed to emphasize the skills and knowledge that you will need to succeed in your transition to collegiate life.
- Tie Into Great Educational Resources and Strategies with the T.I.G.E.R.S. series! These workshops are scheduled once a month to keep you learning and growing.
- Living in the residence halls? Take advantage of the Learning Communities, where you can meet friends with similar academic interests, get to know faculty who can provide academic support to your floor, and take classes with floor-mates in a structured learning group.
- FYE also provides a variety of Programs & Events throughout the year to support your transition to college life.
The 2016-17 Family Calendar can be found HERE.