Department of Geosciences - Faculty
Dr. Chunfu Zhang
Assistant Professor of Geosciences
Office: Tomanek Hall, 237
Curriculum Vitae - contact me for a current vitae
Educational Background | Courses Taught | Research Interests & Specializations | Current Research
Recent Publications | Awards Received | Professional Memberships | Service Activities | Personal Interest
Greetings, and welcome to the Department of Geosciences. On this page, you will find a few facts about my background, my research interests, and my personal interests. If you would like to know more about me or the Department, feel free to call or email me.
- Ph. D. in Geology, Florida State University - Tallahassee, FL 2011
- M.S. in Geology (Sedimentology), Purdue University - West Lafayette, IN 2004
- M.S. in Geology (Petrology), China University of Geosciences - Wuhan, Hubei, China 1996
- B.S. in Geology (Mineralogy & Petrology), China University of Geosciences - Wuhan, Hubei, China 1993
- Introduction to Geology
- Environmental Geology
- Depositional Environment (to start in Spring 2013)
Publications/Abstracts & Presentations
Zhang, C., Y. Wang, Q. Li, X. Wang, T. Deng, Z. J. Tseng, G. T. Takeuchi, G. Xie and Y. Xu (2012). "Diets and environments of late Cenozoic mammals in the Qaidam Basin, Tibetan Plateau; evidence from stable isotopes." Earth and Planetary Science Letters 333-334: 70-82.
Zhang, C., Wang, Y., Deng, T., Wang,X., Baisattie, D., Xu, Y., Q. (2009). "C4 expansion in the central Inner Mongolia during the latest Miocene and early Pliocene." Earth and Planetary Science Letters 287:311-319.
Wang, Y., Kromhout, E., Zhang, C., Xu, Y., Parker, W., Deng, T. and Qiu, Z. (2008). "Stable isotopic variations in modern herbivore tooth enamel, plants and water on the Tibetan Plateau: Implications for paleoclimate and paleoelevation reconstructions." Palaeogeography, Palaeoclimatology, Palaeoecology 260(3-4): 359-374.
Wang, Y., Wang, X., Xu, Y., Zhang, C., Li, Q., Tseng, Z. J., Takeuchi, G. and Deng, T. (2008). "Stable isotopes in fossil mammals, fish and shells from Kunlun Pass Basin, Tibetan Plateau: Paleo-climatic and paleo-elevation implications." Earth and Planetary Science Letters 270(1-2): 73-85.
Zhang, C. and Ogg, J. G. (2003). "An integrated paleomagnetic analysis program for stratigraphy labs and research projects." Computers & Geosciences 29(5): 613-625.
Zhang, C., Giere, R., Stuenitz, H., Brack, P. and Ulmer, P. (2001). "Garnet-quartz intergrowths in granitic pegmatites from Bergell and Adamello, Italy." Schweizerische Mineralogische und Petrographische Mitteilungen = Bulletin Suisse de Mineralogie et Petrographie 81(1): 89-113.
Yu, X. and Zhang, C. (1998). "Sr, Nd isotope and trace elements geochemical features of the Cenozoic volcanic rocks in the western Qinling Mountains, Gansu, China." Dixue Qianyuan = Earth Science Frontiers 5(4): 319-328.
- Abstracts or Presentations
Zhang, C., Wang, Y., Li, Q., Wang, X., Deng, T., Tsceng, Z.J., Takeuchi, G.T. (2010) Stable C and O isotopes in late Cenozoic mammalian tooth enamel from the Quaidam Basin, China and their paleoenvironmental and paleo ecological implications. In: Abstracts with Programs - Geological Society of America 42.
- American Geophysical Union (AGU)
- Geology Society of America (GSA)
- Faculty advisor for the Chinese Student Association at the Fort Hays State University
- Faculty advisor for the Badminton Club at the Fort Hays State University
- Stable C and O isotope composition of herbivorous mammalian tooth enamel to reconstruct paleodiet, paleoecology, paleoclimate, and paleoenvironment
- Sports: Badminton, table tennis