Fort Hays State University > About FHSU > Academic Divisions > College of Health and Life Sciences > Department of Health and Human Performance > Intramurals > Eligibility
Assumption of Risk Captain's Duties
1. Special weekend events are
open to any FHSU faculty/staff or students regardless of
their league affiliation.
2. FHSU students in good standing, enrolled
in 7 hours or more (graduate students need only 6 hours
or more) are eligible for Intramurals.
3. All FHSU faculty, staff, and their spouses,
4. Current members of intercollegiate sports
programs may not participate in that sport. This applies
to Red Shirt players and players who are academically ineligible
for their varsity team as well.
5. Varsity players who are cut from intercollegiate
programs are eligible.
6. Varsity players who quit during their season
are eligible for that sport immediately if he/she was not
receiving financial aid based on athletic ability.
7. Participants who are considered former
intercollegiate athletes are eligible to participate in
a similar intramural sports event. However, they must participate
in the higher division/league. No more than 2 former intercollegiate
athletes may play on the same team with the exception of
softball. On softball teams, three former intercollegiate
athletes may be entered. (Subject to Intramural Director
**Former Player/Letterperson: Any individual who "made
the final cut."
8. No more than two former intercollegiate
athletes may participate on any team with the exception
of softball. On softball teams, three former intercollegiate
athletes may be entered.
9. A participant may not be a member of more
than one team in each activity. Exception is being on a
co-ed team and one men's or women's team.
10. Any person not on the team entry is ineligible.
All entries, team and individual, must be made on official
11. Team Captains, not the Intramural Sports
staff, have the responsibility for ascertaining eligibility.
12. A participant must sign the waiver portion
of the entry form.
1. Any team who plays an ineligible player will forfeit
any and all contests in which that player has participated
2. Any participant using an assumed name shall
be barred from the remainder of the league and/or tournament.
3. Any participant found playing on more than
one men, women or co-ed team will forfeit the game in which
they are playing even if they are listed on that team's
All students taking part in the intramural program should
have a health form on file with the Student Health Center.
The Intramural Office reserves the right to require proof
of a health exam prior to specific activities.
All participants engage in Intramural sports at their own
risk. All participants are encouraged to have a physical
examination and obtain adequate health and accident insurance
prior to participating in intramural activities. First Aid
will not be administered by the FHSU Athletic Training Staff.
All accidents must be reported to the
Intramural Office and an accident form filled out. The Department
of Intramurals is not responsible for injuries incurred
during intramural participation or practice. Emergency treatment
is provided by the Student Health Service during office
hours only. The Hays Medical Clinic (office hours only)
and the emergency room of the Hays Medical Center will receive