Department Admission Requirements
To be admitted to the graduate program in History, a student must meet the following criteria:
- A bachelor's degree with satisfactory performance in a minimum of 18 hours of history courses. These 18 hours MUST include a course in the methodology of historical research.
- Two letters of recommendation.
- A writing sample demonstrating research and documentation skills.
- A personal statement.
- A 3.00 GPA on a 4.00 scale on last 60 credit hours; or a 2.50-2.99 GPA for last 60 credit hours and 150 on the verbal portion of the GRE.
- Students who do not meet these basic requirements may be admitted to the
graduate program, but they MUST remove any deficiencies in their undergraduate
preparation as soon as possible. All work to clear up deficiencies will not
count toward the total hours for the M.A. degree.