Becoming an Academy
Local Academies may be based in high schools, community or technical colleges, universities, or community based organizations. Kansas high schools classify the courses as "vocational" for funding purposes. Many students take the courses for dual high school and college credit through Fort Hays State University. The networking classes can be classified as applied physics classes. Courses can qualify as the Regents Curriculum required computer course.
- To become an Academy, a support agreement must be arranged and at least one instructor must be trained per curriculum taught.
- Annual Fees:
- Annual Local Academy Fee - $500
- Annual curriculum fee (per curriculum) - $250
- Startup Costs: (Please contact for more information)
- Instructor Orientation Training - $345
- Instructor Training - Amount varies based on curriculum and required number of days.
- Equipment and/or Software - Varies based on curriculum