Internal Audit Office
The internal auditor provides an independent appraisal which examines and evaluates university operations as a service to university management. Internal audit examines and evaluates university activities; furnishes management with objective, timely accurate analysis; develops recommendations; counsels; and provides information regarding university activities. Internal audit performs audits in all areas of the university, and has full and complete access to all records, physical properties, and personnel relevant to the audit process.
- Determine the effectiveness and efficiency of University resources
- Determine the effectiveness and efficiency of Organizations in accomplishing their mission and identify operational opportunities for cost savings and revenue enhancements.
- Evaluate business procedures for adequacy of internal controls and provide advice and guidance on control aspects of new policies, systems, processes and procedures.
- Evaluate the accuracy, effectiveness and efficiency of the electronic information and processing systems.
- Review the accuracy and propriety of financial and operating transactions.
- Confirm compliance with University policies and procedures, and with state and federal laws and regulations.
- Investigate reported fraud, embezzlement, theft, waste, etc. and recommend controls to prevent and detect such occurrences.
- Coordinate audit efforts with, and provide assistance to the University's external auditors.
- Conduct follow-up audits to review and evaluate the adequacy of management actions in correcting noticed problems and ensure satisfactory solutions of all significant issues.
Please contact us with any ideas, questions, or concerns you may have about a particular university department/organization or any other area of the university. Confidentiality is maintained in all aspects of an audit.