Student Visa Information
Once you have been accepted to FHSU you will need to apply for a student study visa in order to enter the United States. Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Applying for a student visa for the first time requires an in-person interview. This interview will take place in the U.S. Embassy in your country.
- June, July, and August are usually the busiest months, so it might be difficult to get an appointment during this time.
- Don’t wait—apply for your visa as soon as you know when you plan to travel.
- Allow several weeks for planning and getting an appointment for the visa.
- You can call the Embassy or go to the Embassy web site for information and instructions.
Below are several guides to help you successfully navigate the process to obtain your student study visa.
Study in the US website
Steps to Obtain an Initial Student Study Visa
Tips for a Successful Student Visa Interview
Embassy and Consulate Websites
Information about Visa Denials