Fort Hays State University > About FHSU > Academic Divisions > College of Health and Life Sciences > Department of Health and Human Performance > Intramurals > Activities > Badminton
There will be singles, doubles,
and co-rec divisions.
1. A game consists of 15 points and must
be won by two points.
2. We will use honor play -- No officials.
3. Play will be a single elimination tournament,
with first round losers playing a Division A-I bracket.
4. First serve is determined by a coin toss.
This person must serve from his/her respective right half
of the court.
5. Serves will be from right side of court
on even numbered score totals.
6. Serves must be below the waistline.
7. Must have the serve to score.
8. In serving, a missed shuttlecock is a fault.
9. Shots on the line are considered in.
10. Side-out occurs when you:
11. No double hits. Body contact of the shuttlecock
is a fault.
12. Change courts at the end of a game. Winners
serve first. In doubles, either winner may serve first and
either loser may receive.
13. Opponents change ends with the start of
each new game.
14. If a third game is needed, players change
courts when one side reaches 8 points.
1. Games will be played to 15 points. Match
will be the best of 3 games to a score of 15 points each.
2. First service is determined by a coin toss.
This team must serve from their respective right side of
3. The team who received the first serve only
has one "down". This means only the person on
the right-hand side of the serving side court gets to serve.
However, every possession thereafter results in each partner
of the serving side one serve each before possession changes.
4. Serves cannon be a stroke above the waistline.
5. Must have serve in order to score.
6. On the line shots are considered in.
7. Teams change ends at the start of each
Copyright © 2009-2012 Fort Hays State University • 600 Park Street, Hays, Kansas 67601–4099 • 785–628–FHSU (3478) Contact Webmaster with any questions or comments concerning this Web site.