Fort Hays State University > About FHSU > Academic Divisions > College of Health and Life Sciences > Department of Health and Human Performance > Intramurals > Activities > Basketball 3 On 3
1. Teams will be comprised of 3 players members,
(3 men or 3 women) with a maximum of 6 listed on the roster.
A minimum of 2 players will need to start and finish a game.
2. To start the game, there will be a rock,
paper, scissors between the captains to determine which
team receives first possession of the ball.
3. Starting at game time, one basket (1 point)
will be awarded for every minute a team fails to show. After
ten minutes, the game is 10-0 and a forfeit.
4. NO DUNKING ALLOWED.
5. Boundary lines include the 2 sidelines,
center court and the end-line of the basketball court. The
3 second rule is in effect.
6. Jump ball situations will alternate possession.
Alternation possession will continue to start the second
7. After each possession, the ball must be
taken out at the top of the key. After the ball has been
checked at the top of the key, offensive players may shoot
8. The ball will be taken out at the top of
the key after all violations, traveling, etc.
9. Once a team has possession they have 25
seconds to attempt a shot. It is a turnover if a shot is
not attempted in 25 seconds. No stalling is allowed.
10. If a shot is attempted and it does not
touch the backboard, rim, or net; the ball may be put right
back up by either team (except by the player who attempted
11. Substitutes may enter game during dead
ball situations (violations, fouls, time-outs) or after
12. Intramural sports encourages each team
to provide their own shirts. IF you do not have your own,
pull-over will be provided. NUMBERED SHIRTS MUST BE WORN.
13. Games will be played on half court and
will consist of 10 minute rolling halves. There will be
2 minutes between halves.
14. If the game is tied at the end of regulation
play, then sudden death will be in effect. The two teams
will shoot free throws to determine which team gets the
ball first. Each team will pick one player to shoot three
shots. The first team to score wins the game.
15. A team may take up to 2 time-0uts per
game. Time outs will stop the clock and each are not to
exceed 30 seconds.
16. A field goal will count 1 point with
fouled shots worth 1 point. Goals shot outside the three
point line are worth 2 points.
17. Only a scorekeeper will be provided,
no officials, this will be a "call your own game".
18. Two technical fouls will result in a one
game suspension. Two technical fouls in one game also results
in the player being suspended from current game.
19. If a player received 3 technical fouls
they will be suspended from the league. No exceptions.
20. Technical fouls carry over throughout
Copyright © 2009-2012 Fort Hays State University • 600 Park Street, Hays, Kansas 67601–4099 • 785–628–FHSU (3478) Contact Webmaster with any questions or comments concerning this Web site.