Fort Hays State University > About FHSU > Academic Divisions > College of Health and Life Sciences > Department of Health and Human Performance > Intramurals > Activities > Wallyball
1. Rock/paper/scissors will determine first service or choice of court side. Second game service to other team. Third game if necessary will do rock/paper/scissors.
2. Teams consist of 4 persons, 2 to start and 2 to finish. Co-Rec must have 2 of each sex, 1 of each sex to start and finish.
3. Game ends at 21 points, and a tem must win by 2 points.
4. Time outs called by captains only at end of point played.
5. Limit: two time outs, 30 seconds each per game.
6. If more than two time outs are called, the other team is awarded point or side out.
7. When a ball while crossing the net hits the ceiling, back wall of opponent's side or two walls consecutively on service, volley or block.
8. Ceiling and back wall on own side is in bounds if own player touches it.
9. Service area is three feet from each end of the court.
10. If server catches the ball on service toss, the server can replay the serve.
11. The service must be a clean contact with the ball. Pushing the ball or rolling the ball off the fingers (paint brush) is not allowed.
12. Service order must be kept prior to serving.
13. If the ball is only partly across the net, and the opponent hits it, it is good.
14. Touching the net is not allowed by players, unless the ball is driven into the net and the net hits the player.
15. In the attack, the player must contact the ball before the ball has completely crossed over the net.
16. Blocker's can reach over the net to block, providing the other team has made its third contact of the ball.
17. The opponent cannot block the set. If any part of the ball has crossed the vertical plane, a free ball is in effect and both teams are entitled to it.
18. If two opposing players touch the net simultaneously the point is replayed.
19. A ball passing through the side openings of the net on the 1st or 2nd contact is replayed.
20. A double hit is only allowed on a block, or the return of a hard driven hit.
21. If a ball is touched on a block, the team still has 3 hits and the blocker can make any of these hits.
22. Contacting two or more walls is allowed only by the team in possession of the ball on their own side, provided a player on that team touches the ball first. The ball must also be touched by another player before going over on multiple wall hit.
23. Holding, pushing, scooping, lifting or carrying the ball is not allowed, it must be a clean hit.
24. Holding the ball at the top of the net by both sides is replay.
25. If two players on the same team, hit the ball simultaneously, it counts as one hit and either player can play the next hit.
26. No climbing or using the walls or players assisting each other to gain height at the net.
27. A ball can hit the back wall and go over the net directly (when being played by your side), but if two walls are touched, another player must touch it before going over the net.
28. If a ball spins across to the opponent's side and back to yours on the 1st or 2nd hit, you can play your 2nd or 3rd hit. If it is on the 3rd hit that it spins back, loss of point of side out occurs.
29. A ball can not contact below the waist.
Copyright © 2009-2012 Fort Hays State University • 600 Park Street, Hays, Kansas 67601–4099 • 785–628–FHSU (3478) Contact Webmaster with any questions or comments concerning this Web site.