Fort Hays State University > About FHSU > Academic Divisions > College of Health and Life Sciences > Department of Health and Human Performance > Intramurals > Activities > Wrestling
1. NCAA wrestling rules will govern the meet with the following weight classifications:
2. All wrestlers must weigh in. Please report to the Intramural Office for weigh-in instructions.
3. Matches will be five minutes in length.
4. No riding time will be recorded.
5. All contestants are urged to get themselves in condition. The Intramural and Recreational Sports Department is not responsible for injuries.
6. Standard wrestling equipment or standard physical education equipment will be the official dress of all participants. Head gear will be provided if requested. Mouth pieces will not be provided but are encouraged.
7. In the tag team tournament, each person must make an appearance of at least 20 seconds each round in order to pin and win.
8. For the tag to be legal, both feet must remain on the floor.
9. Tag team classes for men will be as follows:
10. Tag team classes for women will be as follows:
11. Partners must weigh in the same weight class for the tag team event.
12. This is a single elimination tournament. Wrestle backs will be held if enough entries.
13. An individual match will consist of three 1-minute periods. Tag team match will be three 2-minute periods.