Intramural Manager & Team Captain
Eligibility for Participation
Assumption of Risk
The units for competition of this Intramural program are based upon the permanent campus organizations that are part of the institution. The campus organizations are divided into five specific groups:
- Social Fraternities & Sororities
- Residents Halls
- Professional religious organizations
- Other recognized student organizations/community groups
This program is student oriented and requires the assistance of student intramural managers and team captains. Remember, the success of the organization is proportionate to the dedication of its student leadership.
The duties are as follows:
Intramural Manager Duties
- Contact the IM-REC Office frequently.
- Promote interest in the current sport.
- Collect team rosters.
- Enter all teams and individuals in competition.
- Attend rule meetings with his/her team captains.
- Check eligibility of all participants.
- See that all interested students in his/her unit have n opportunity to participate.
- Notify teams of schedules, postponements, and forfeits.
- Submit entry fees (where applicable).
- Promote all intramural activities among his/her group.
- See that each team captain has a set of rules and a game schedule.
- Select team captains and help organize the teams.
Team Captain Duties
- Check game schedule
- Have his/her team at the contest on time
- Attend intramural rules meetings and clinics
- Check out game equipment and see that it is returned
- Furnish a scorekeeper for his/her game (where applicable)
- Organize team practice
- Promote sportsmanship.
The success of the intramural program is in direct proportion to the dedication and enthusiasm of the Intramural Manager and Captain. The Intramural Manager need not be a player, only an excellent leader with a passion for sports.