Kansas Academy of Mathematics and Science
Printable Application If you have any questions, please contact our office at (785) 628-4690. You can also fill out section 1 of the application on-line, and submit it. When filling out the application, you will need to submit: social security #, honors, awards, extracurricular activities along with additional personal information (address, phone #, etc.)
You will then need to print out the remainder of the application material and submit the evaluations to your teachers, school counselor, mentor, as well as the Official School Records form to a school administrator. You will also need to complete sections 2 and 3 of the application, which includes essays, short answers, parent statement and a Certificate of Accuracy that needs to be signed by applicant AND parent.
**Most of our communication will be by e-mail, so please give us an e-mail that is checked often**
The more students can prepare ahead of time, the better.
- Take ACT/SAT in fall of sophomore year (or earlier) minimum ACT of 23 or minimum SAT of 1590.
- PLAN is not accepted.
- Complete of Algebra II and Geometry (required).
- Complete Pre-Calculus, if possible (not required).
- Take all physical education and foreign language credits.
- Grade point average will be examined.
- Complete Chemistry, if possible (not required, but highly recommended).
- Grades in core level classes will be evaluated.
- Class rank will be a consideration.
- Application review (essays and recommendations).
- Compare schools graduation requirements to KAMS curriculum to ensure student can graduate from local school at the end of KAMS.
- May need to seek other opportunities (online, correspondence, community college) to complete any missing coursework.