Kansas Academy of Mathematics and Science
Even though we have a priority date of April 1, we have already started accepting Kansas students for the 2016-2017 school year. Please make sure you submit your application as soon as possible. A great way to start is by filling out the first two pages of the application to let us know you are interested.
We do not provide financial aid. However, sometimes needs-based scholarships are available. For more information click here. You may also look into Sallie Mae.
What is the Kansas Academy of Mathematics and Science?
The Kansas Academy of Mathematics and Science (KAMS), established by legislative action in 2006 by SB139, is the state’s premier academic high school program for the state’s best and brightest high school students. Based in part after successful programs in Missouri and Texas, KAMS is a unique residential learning experience that provides exceptional high school juniors and seniors a potent blend of:
- college-level instruction by Ph.D. faculty;
- a high school diploma and 68 hours of college credit;
- hands-on research supervised by Ph.D. scientists;
- leadership development and civic engagement opportunities;
- co-curricular and extra-curricular opportunities to develop the whole student;
- a safe campus and residential environment; and trained support staff.
If you are interested in applying to be part of the KAMS 2017 graduating class, click on U.S. Application. If you are an international student interested in applying, please click on International applications.
This fall marks the sixth year that KAMS students join the FHSU community. These exceptional students represent urban, suburban and rural communities from across the state. Prospective students must have completed at least two years of high school with distinction in mathematics or science. However, outstanding academic achievement is not the only criterion for acceptance. KAMS selects students based on drive, interest, maturity, stability, and personal and family commitment.
Why is KAMS important for Kansas?
- KAMS adds educational value for students who might not be appropriately challenged in their local schools by providing early access to Kansas’ exceptional post-secondary educational resources.
- KAMS enhances the intellectual capital of the State of Kansas through its curricular and co-curricular focus on mathematics and science.
- KAMS collaborates with Kansas Regents universities to encourage graduates to complete their undergraduate education in-state.
Questions or comments? Contact KAMS.
Learn more about KAMS!