Kelly Center Testing Services
College-Level Examination Program (CLEP) Information
The College-Level Examination Program (CLEP) gives you the opportunity to receive college credit for what you already know by earning qualifying scores on any of 33 examinations. Earn credit for knowledge you've acquired through independent study, prior course work, on-the-job training, professional development, cultural pursuits or internships.
CLEP Helps You:
- Save time. Depending on your college's CLEP policy, a satisfactory score on a CLEP exam can earn you from 3 to 12 college credits.
- Save money. The cost of a CLEP exam is a fraction of the tuition and fees for the corresponding course.
- Make college more interesting. Skip general introductory courses and move on to more advanced classes or explore new and challenging academic areas.
- Graduate on time. CLEP can help you to the finish line if you're a few credits shy of graduation.
- Satisfy a proficiency requirement. Demonstrate your ability in college math or a foreign language.
To learn more about the CLEP credit-by-examination program including test preparation and examination descriptions, visit the official CLEP site.
Scheduling an Appointment
Testing Services administers CLEP examinations by appointment. To schedule an appointment or get additional information on test requirements, fees and policies, please contact our office. For optimum availability, we recommend that you contact us two weeks prior to a desired test date.
Getting CLEP Credit at FHSU
FHSU grants college credit for many CLEP examinations. Visit our CLEP credit information page to learn more about required minimum scores and credit granted for the successful completion of CLEP examinations.