Forsyth Library's Interlibrary Loan
Interlibrary Loan is a special service provided to assist faculty,
staff, and students in obtaining research materials that are not owned
by Forsyth Library.
FHSU students, faculty, and staff can create an ILLiad account to request items from libraries worldwide for free, including: books, microfilm, articles (paper or electronic copies), theses, dissertations, and conference proceedings. Please note that the library does not provide textbooks through interlibrary loan.
Before You Make a Request
- You can request items for research purposes that are not owned by Forsyth Library.
- So make sure to first check our Library Catalog to see if we have a copy of the title you need.
- If an item we own appears to be missing, report it to library staff. You can then submit an ILLiad request.
Most requests are free. However, some libraries do charge fees to lend their items. If this is the only option available, we will contact you in advance to see if you are willing to pay the fee.
Maximum Requests - Unlimited
The loan period is set by the lending library, usually about 3-4 weeks. Additionally:
- There is no grace period on due dates.
- You have to abide by any additional restrictions placed on the use of the item (such as "In-library use only")
- Photocopies of articles are yours to keep
Lost or Damaged Items
You will be charged for any lost or damaged items.
Pick-Ups, Returns and Renewals
Items are usually received in 7 to 10 days but may take longer. Keep in mind:
- We of course assume that, like us, you need your item as soon as possible so we make every effort to get it in the shortest time possible.
- There is no guarantee that your request can be located.
- We cannot accept requests with deadlines.
You will be notified by email when your request arrives. You can also login to your ILLiad account to monitor the progress of each request online.
Where to Pick Up
- Articles: We will send an email to the address you supplied us in your ILLiad account. We will deliver the article to you electronically if the library can obtain the article in electronic format and if you have selected electronic delivery as your preference when you registered for ILLiad. To receive articles electronically you must have Adobe Acrobat Reader (version 4.0 or higher) installed on your computer.
- Books and other items: When your ILLiad request is available, we send an email to your FHSU email address and the item(s) will be available immediately for pick-up at the One Stop Desk. You should pick up items as soon as possible
You need to return any item borrowed through ILLiad in person to the One Stop Desk. Please do not put ILLiad items in the book drop.
Interlibrary Loan Help
For questions and help with ILLiad
contact Interlibrary Loan at 785.628.4351 Monday to Friday 7:00 AM -
4:00 PM, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
back to top