Forsyth Library Banner

What am I Searching?

Faculty Information

Faculty/Adjunct Faculty Circulation Policy

Who May Borrow
  • Any current Fort Hays State University faculty or adjunct faculty with a valid FHSU I.D. card.
  • An I.D. card may be obtained at the University Card Center, Memorial Union. The telephone number is 785-628-4359.
Faculty I.D. Card
  • By using a valid FHSU I.D. card to borrow material(s)or by allowing another person to use it, the card holder assumed responsibility for this material(s) and agrees to adhere to the policies of Forsyth Library. The patron will be billed for damaged or lost material(s)
Lost I.D.
  • Please notify the Circulation/Reserve Office (785-628-4434; ) as soon as possible, as well as the University Card Center.
  • Material may be placed on reserve for a specified period of time for student use.
  • Request forms need to be filled out completely. One form per Course Title.
  • Title on request form should correspond with the title on the syllabus.
  • Faculty are responsible for pulling all library material(s) to be placed on reserve, unless prior arrangements have been made with the Circulation/Reserve Office. Faculty may have a graduate student do this for them.
Class Assignments
  • Please notify the Geoffrey Iverson (785-628-4742; of class/group assignments when library materials are limited. Placing limited materials on reserve will insure you that all students will have access to the materials.
Circulation Policy
  • Loan Period
    • Semester Use - Fall = August - December
    • Semester Use - Spring = January -May
    • Semester Use - Summer = June - August
    • HOLDS - are allowed.
    • RECALLS - are allowed (after the material is out two weeks).
    • RUSH RECALLS - for class use are allowed after the material is out 3 days.
    • LOST MATERIALS - have a service fee of Fifteen($15.00) Dollars and a replacement fee of Fifty-five $55.00) Dollars. Replacement cost is subject to review and adjustment may be made for particularly expensive or inexpensive materials.
  • Faculty are exempt from paying overdue fines.
Journal Use (Exceptions for Faculty)
  • Faculty may receive special permission to check-out non-circulating items, such as display journals for three hours and non-display journals for three days. Special permission to check out other non-circulating material(s)such as Reference, Government Documents, Western Reference, etc. may be given by the Librarians responsible for those departments.
Graduate Check-Out for Faculty
  • Faculty designating graduate students to pick-up or charge material(s) must send their faculty I.D. with the student.

Back to top