Search the Online Catalog
Library Services for Virtual College Students
The Staff of Forsyth Library would like to welcome you to the FHSU family. Forsyth Library maintains a Virtual Services department for Fort Hays State University virtual college students. If you are enrolled in courses through the FHSU Virtual College, you can receive services to support your studies.** We are happy to assist you in any way we can. Once you have set up <Off Campus Access> (see below), you have access to the same materials as students on campus.
- Personal assistance by phone or email (785.628.4434 / email@example.com). This includes limited research and literature searches with approval of your professor. We can “walk you through” searching the databases or online catalog.
- Online Catalog is a list of all books, periodical titles, government documents, videos, and CD’s owned by Forsyth library. You can also search for articles within some of our online databases.
- Online Databases contain articles or article citations on virtually every topic, from journals, newspapers, and magazines, most of which are not freely available on the web.
- Full-text electronic books which can be read online
- Research Subject Guides contain the best databases, journals, reference books, citation guides and more, tailored to a specific subject or discipline
- Off Campus Access to most Forsyth Library electronic resources is restricted to authorized users (FHSU faculty, students, staff). If you are off-campus and select a restricted resource you will be directed to the FHSU Secure Authorization page. Enter you TigerTracks username and password. That’s it. You are authenticated! If you are already logged-in to TigerTracks or Blackboard you are already authenticated.
**You may request materials that are not owned by Forsyth Library see Interlibrary Loan. When requesting books, you will need to fill out a “Statement of Responsibility” form.
If you have any questions about accessing or using library resources, please contact 785.628.4434 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Go to top