Fort Hays State University > About FHSU > Academic Divisions > Forsyth Library > Kansas Heritage > Anthony
| Attica | Bluff City | Crystal
Springs | Danville | Freeport | Harper | Runnymede | Waldron
A town company located the site for a new town on April 6, 1878. The first buildings put up by the Town Company included barracks for emigrants. Soon there was a general merchandise store, a drug store, and a hardware store. The town was incorporated in 1879. The post office was established on June 14, 1878.
The ethnicity of its settlers is not known.
Sanders, Gwendoline and Paul. "The Harper County Story". North Newton, Kansas: The Mennonite Press, 1968.
Find Articles & Databases
Find Other Resources
Find Research Guides by Subject
Search Digital Collections
Search Government Documents
Our Services to You
December 2013 Calendar
Enhanced And Personalized Interlibrary Loan Services
Food For Fines
Late Nights At The Library & Pack The Library
Copyright © 2009-2013 Fort Hays State University • 600 Park Street, Hays, Kansas 67601–4099 • 785–628–FHSU (3478) Contact Webmaster with any questions or comments concerning this Web site.