Fort Hays State University > About FHSU > Academic Divisions > Forsyth Library > Kansas Heritage > Blue Hill
Asherville | Beloit | Blue Hill | Cawker City | Glen Elder | Hunter | Mennonite Community | Simpson | Tipton | Victor
This area was settled in 1871 by a man from Stonehenge, England. Maurice Brown homesteaded on land that eventually became the town site of Blue Hill. The name comes from a range of hills that surround the town that are known for a blue hue during the early morning hours.
The town soon had a general store (run by Maurice Brown), a creamery, and a post office. The schoolhouse was built in 1887. The town is now defunct.
"History of Hunter, Kansas and it's Surrounding Communities." Cawker City, KS: Cawker City Ledger, 1970.
Find Articles & Databases
Find Other Resources
Find Research Guides by Subject
Search Digital Collections
Search Government Documents
Our Services to You
December 2013 Calendar
Enhanced And Personalized Interlibrary Loan Services
Food For Fines
Copyright © 2009-2013 Fort Hays State University • 600 Park Street, Hays, Kansas 67601–4099 • 785–628–FHSU (3478) Contact Webmaster with any questions or comments concerning this Web site.