Fort Hays State University > About FHSU > Academic Divisions > Forsyth Library > Kansas Heritage > Bogue
Bogue | Gettysburg | Hill City | Millbrook | Morland | Nicodemus | Penokee | Roscoe | St. Peter
A town site named Fagan was located 1/2 mile west of the railroad bridge that crosses Wild Horse Creek 1 mile west of the present town of Bogue. Several buildings were nearly completed and the Wild Horse post office was moved there by June 17, 1887. However, the town site was never sold because Mr. Minor, the owner of Fagan, and the railroad could not agree on a price.
A Mr. Bogue bought some property 1 1/2 miles east of Fagan and founded the town of Bogue sometime in the early fall of 1888. It became a boom town with a bank, several different stores, a blacksmith shop and a depot on the L & CR rail line. All in all, 30 buildings had been erected or moved into Bogue by October.
The ethnicity of its settlers is unknown.
Clary, Blossom and Ruth Siegrist. "Centennial Tid-Bits." Hill City, KS: Hill City Times, 1980.
Find Articles & Databases
Find Other Resources
Find Research Guides by Subject
Search Digital Collections
Search Government Documents
Our Services to You
December 2013 Calendar
Enhanced And Personalized Interlibrary Loan Services
Food For Fines
Copyright © 2009-2013 Fort Hays State University • 600 Park Street, Hays, Kansas 67601–4099 • 785–628–FHSU (3478) Contact Webmaster with any questions or comments concerning this Web site.