Fort Hays State University > About FHSU > Academic Divisions > Forsyth Library > Kansas Heritage > Cawker City
Asherville | Beloit | Blue Hill | Cawker City | Glen Elder | Hunter | Mennonite Community | Simpson | Tipton | Victor
The town site was picked in 1870 by four men - E. Harrison Cawker, J. P. Rice, R. G. T. Kshinka, and John J. Huckle. Rice built the first stone building and Cawker built a steam mill. The name came from a game of "seven-up" which was won by Cawker.
The ethnicity of its settlers is unknown.
Mitchell County Elementary Students. Mitchell County Historical Essays, 1962-1976. N.D.
Find Articles & Databases
Find Other Resources
Find Research Guides by Subject
Search Digital Collections
Search Government Documents
Our Services to You
Daylight Saving Time
March 2014 Calendar
Women's History Month Display
Copyright © 2009-2013 Fort Hays State University • 600 Park Street, Hays, Kansas 67601–4099 • 785–628–FHSU (3478) Contact Webmaster with any questions or comments concerning this Web site.