Fort Hays State University > About FHSU > Academic Divisions > Forsyth Library > Kansas Heritage > Claudell
Athol | Bellaire | Cedarville | Claudell | Gaylord | Germantown | Harlan | Kensington | Lebanon | Old Salem | Reamsville | Smith Center |Home on the Range
This little village was located 15 miles southwest of Smith Center along the Solomon River. The post office was the last one to be established on the county; it opened on November 18, 1898.
The ethnicity of its settlers is unknown.
Pletcher, Vera Edith Crosby. "A History of Smith County, Kansas to 1960". Masters thesis, Kansas State University, 1960.
Blackmar, Frank, ed. "Kansas: a cyclopedia of state history, embracing events, institutions, industries, counties, cities, towns, prominent persons, etc. ... / with a supplementary volume devoted to selected personal history and reminiscence." Chicago : Standard Pub. Co. 1912.
Find Articles & Databases
Find Other Resources
Find Research Guides by Subject
Search Digital Collections
Search Government Documents
Our Services to You
Daylight Saving Time
March 2014 Calendar
Women's History Month Display
Copyright © 2009-2013 Fort Hays State University • 600 Park Street, Hays, Kansas 67601–4099 • 785–628–FHSU (3478) Contact Webmaster with any questions or comments concerning this Web site.