Fort Hays State University > About FHSU > Academic Divisions > Forsyth Library > Kansas Heritage > Crystal Springs
| Attica | Bluff City | Crystal
Springs | Danville | Freeport | Harper | Runnymede | Waldron
When it was settled by Amish Mennonites in the early 1900's, Crystal Springs was already a town. The post office was established on January 16, 1885, and a depot, stockyards, and two grain elevators were also part of the town's landscape. The Crystal Springs Mennonite Church was moved here from McPherson County in the early 1900's.
Sanders, Gwendoline and Paul. "The Harper County Story". North Newton, Kansas: The Mennonite Press, 1968.
Kansas State Library - Blue Skyways. September 30, 2005 <http://skyways.lib.ks.us/towns/crystals.html>.
Find Articles & Databases
Find Other Resources
Find Research Guides by Subject
Search Digital Collections
Search Government Documents
Our Services to You
May 2013 Calendar
Copyright © 2009-2012 Fort Hays State University • 600 Park Street, Hays, Kansas 67601–4099 • 785–628–FHSU (3478) Contact Webmaster with any questions or comments concerning this Web site.